Baker's Partial Dozen

Baker's Partial Dozen

Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas letter 2012


Hey all!

This is the first ever Baker Christmas letter! 2012 has definitely been a year to remember! We’ve experienced many changes and have had many ups and downs, but the biggest change was the addition of our adorable Jayna Lynn to the family. Here’s a bit of what we’ve experienced this year:

Scott has been on his journey to find a career after graduating with his Political Science degree. Unfortunately, because of the economy it’s been a bit rough. He became a PSR (psycho social rehabilitation) worker in May, which is working for right now, but he’s still on his quest… Hopefully 2013 will look up for him J. Scott is an incredible father and Jayna absolutely loves him. I love the way she looks deep into his eyes, as if to say, “You’re the best daddy ever!” whenever he bathes her. There’s nothing more precious to me than watching Scott with Jayna!


 Not wanting to get out of her bath

I have definitely had a memorable year. I actually lucked out and didn’t have any morning sickness during my pregnancy… but I think that was to prep me for the aftermath. Haha! After a month of bed rest because of pre-eclampsia, I was hospitalized for 2 weeks and induced 4 weeks early. After 3 days of uneventful labor, they took Jayna by c-section. Luckily, there were no major complications and Jayna and I were both able to go home 4 days later. Since then, I’ve had gall bladder surgery (after an ER visit for the stones) and had to go back to the ER for kidney stones! That’s right… C-section, gallbladder surgery, and kidney stones all within 3 months! Boy, has it been fun! Though it has been trying, I must say that quitting my job at Boise State to become a mommy has been the biggest adjustment of all. I absolutely love being a mommy, but definitely miss my job at times. I am still teaching voice at home, which helps fulfill that a bit.


Little Miss Jayna is just as adorable as she can possibly be! She is a spitting image of Scott and I just can’t kiss her cute little cheeks enough. After 3 months of being colicky, she’s finally a happy baby and sleeps for about 10 hrs at night (lucky mom and dad J). She has a condition called laryngomalacia, which basically means she has a hard time breathing because she’s underdeveloped. Luckily, she should start improving in the next few months and will outgrow this condition by the time she’s 2 yrs old. At the appointment I did get to see her cute little vocal folds… She’s definitely my little soprano in the making ;). She just reached 10 lbs 8 oz at 4 months… She’s a little thing, but the best things come in small packages! A few weeks ago she had a chemical reaction to some room spray and gave us a huge scare! I can honestly say that I cannot imagine my life without her! She is such a blessing!

 Bless you!




Though we’ve been tried and tested more than we could possibly imagine this year, we are so incredibly grateful that we have a loving Heavenly Father who has blessed us in many ways. Scott and I have grown really close through our trials and are so grateful to have found each other! We are so madly in love with Jayna and can’t imagine life without her!

We hope you find joy through this Christmas Season!


Lots of Love,
                                                                        Jerusha, Scott, and Jayna Baker


No comments:

Post a Comment