Baker's Partial Dozen

Baker's Partial Dozen

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Little home improvements

I took down all of our Christmas decorations yesterday, which is always hard for me because they make me so happy! I guess they make me happy because so many fond memories are tied to Christmas :).

The other reason it was hard for me is because our house is in complete shambles right now, but for good reason! Since I've moved into this house, the kitchen lights have always bothered me... they're just plain ugly. This weekend, Scott replaced the nasty fixtures with spotlights! It makes our kitchen look so much better! We're taking some Christmas money and getting new ceiling fans for our living room and kitchen, so it'll look even better in the future. Here are the old ugly fixtures:


And here are the new fixtures :)


It's amazing how much less cluttered it looks! I'm so lucky to have a handy-man! I'm so amazed at Scott's knowledge in all areas! Here's the problem: Now, in addition to a new ceiling fan, I want to paint the walls (can you believe they put gloss paint on the walls? Such a pain to paint over), stain the cupboards and add handles, get new counter tops, build an island, and get all new appliances. No problem, right? Haha! We also really want to get our basement done... a project we've been trying to start since we got married. Stupid medical bills! One of these days, our desires and Scott's abilities to get these projects done will come to fruition!

We still have yet to transfer everything back into the kitchen because we have yet to get all the dust from the drywall cleaned up, but I'll get that done tomorrow. Nothing like deep cleaning on a Monday morning :)



1 comment:

  1. I, too, feel the same way about taking down all the Christmas decorations in our house. :( I would, afterwards, literally start a countdown for next Christmas. LOL! I have that much excitement for Christmas decorating. The recessed lights are so much better, by the way. Is that the new ceiling fan? Hope all your plans will be a success! Do blogs on those, okay? ^___^

    Staci Severns

    ReplyDelete