Baker's Partial Dozen

Baker's Partial Dozen

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving and such

Where to begin!
  • We ended up switching Jayna back to her mixed formula and she has been GREAT! She sleeps from 10-7 almost every night! We are truly blessed in this regard!
  • I finally got to a pain-free state a little over a week ago, which was blissful. I went to my gallbladder Dr. on the 20th and he cleared me for full-on exercise and I was all excited to go on a major walk on Thanksgiving day... That was until that night :p  Can you believe that the very day I got cleared to exercise I ended up in the ER again?!?! I know, I couldn't believe it either. In fact, I refused to go back to the ER and was in the worst pain of my life (I know I say that every time, but this time it just happened to be worse than the gallbladder pain and birth pain) from 11:30pm to 3:00am. At 3:00, after my 3rd ridiculously hot shower/bath, 3rd time throwing up, and not being able to lay, sit, stand or walk I asked Scott for a blessing. In the blessing it said something about knowing what I needed to do to give myself relief. Almost immediately after the blessing, I was humbled, yet again and knew that I HAD to go to the ER. I was almost immediately put on Morphine and had to have a CAT-scan (I have no idea how to spell that). They found kidney stones :(!!! One still in my kidney and the other stuck in my ureter (that's the painful part). They gave me some heavy pain pills and some Flomax to help the stone move through easier. The stone has now moved into my bladder, but refuses to pass. I'm constantly amazed that just as I feel everything is good, yet another thing has to happen to me. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to learn from all of this... I really am trying to take care of myself! I've done everything my doctors have told me to do and am trying to work on getting my weight back off, but am running into bump after bump. I'm praying this is the end! I don't think my psyche or my wallet can handle anymore, let alone my husband and baby. I do have to say that Thanksgiving dinner on pain pills is a whole new experience! If you ever get the chance to experience it, you should. Haha!
  • Scott and I have decided that we want to start some Christmas traditions of our own. The first one we got excited about is going to the grocery store and paying for the groceries of the person behind us in line. However, since we've had so many unexpected bills lately, we'll have to wait until next year for this one. I am pleased to say, however, that my amazing sister Stephanie fulfilled it for us this year. She was in line at the grocery store and the man in front of her didn't have enough money for the Thanksgiving meal he was trying to purchase. Though money has been tight for them this year as well, she generously offered to pay for the remainder of this man's groceries. She said it made her realize how much they truly had, because they had never been without. I HAVE SUCH AN INCREDIBLE FAMILY!!!
  • I am so incredibly grateful to have such an amazing husband who has been nothing but supportive through everything we've had to go through and I'm grateful that we've been able to grow closer through all of our trials rather than farther apart. I'm grateful for a beautiful daughter who makes me smile and laugh every single day. I'm grateful for my family who constantly sets a great example for what I want to become. I'm grateful for loving and giving in-laws that live so close by. Most of all, I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who watches over us. Even when we feel abandoned, we look back and see that he truly has a hand in everything. Though we've had a lot of trials, we've been blessed even more.
  • Here are the many smiles of Jayna that keep me entertained every day :) Thanks to my sis-in-law, Becky, for capturing them on camera... I'm not so good at that part. Haha!












4 comments:

  1. I love all of Jayna's little expressions! So sorry about the kidney stones. My mom struggles with those too. Here's to health and wellness in 2013! Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all got medical curses from Mom. I'm just waiting for my day, lol. That's stinky about the stones, but I'm glad everything else is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that your having so many medical problems. It makes it hard to enjoy a new baby. My second baby had to spend a week in the hospital and by the time he was healthy enough to come home I had go back into the hospital for a week came home for a week and was back in for a week. I didn't have to go to the hospital anymore but I had to give myself IV's for the next month. It was a really difficult time for Abe and I. Its hard to know why it is we have to go through all this tough stuff especially at a time that should be so happy. I would have to admit that I was blessed to have such a wonderful baby at the time. Out of all my children we was by far the easiest baby. He hardly ever cried and was the best sleeper. I hope that you get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete