Baker's Partial Dozen

Baker's Partial Dozen

Saturday, August 17, 2013

My Baby is 1!!!

I can't help but look back on my life when little milestones occur. I remember not too long ago, being single with worries being 80% about work and the other 20% about losing weight. I did everything on my own timeline; exercised when I wanted, worked when I wanted, went to the bathroom and showered when I wanted, etc. However, I also remember feeling more lonely than I thought imaginable. Even though I was surrounded by incredible friends and family, I remember feeling a gap in my heart that I could only pray would be filled at some point in my life.

Luckily, Scott came along and that void was filled... or so I thought. The worry, fear, excitement, and anticipation that soon followed with an unexpected pregnancy, all turned to an overwhelming feeling of love when I held my baby in my arms for the first time. I'm learning that the love for my husband and baby not only fills that void, but spills over. I fall more and more in love every day that I'm a mom. Emotion overtakes me when I think of how blessed I am to have such an incredible husband and sweet baby.

Though my life has turned upside-down and inside-out since I've been married, the blessing of being a mother and wife outweighs all the trials and tribulations that we've been faced with. Now my time is never my own anymore. Every time I turn my head, my curious child has crawled up onto something and fallen off, or she has found the one piece of who-knows-what that I missed sweeping, or she is hungry, tired, or just wants to play with her momma. Though it's exhausting at times, I'm reminded every time I see her sweet smile or get that one little tender look, that turning my life upside-down is exactly what I was meant to do.

I cannot believe that my baby is 1 year old today. Time has flown by so fast and it's amazing to see her cute, fun, curious, teasing personality coming through.

One year ago (minus 2 weeks)

Today... No more cuddling, just curiosity

Little Miss Active

Happy birthday, sweet little monkey! Momma loves you!